Still haven’t gone live on Facebook? Maybe you should just get over yourself!
Now we know that might seem a little harsh!
It isn’t meant to be. We all face the same battle – I did too.
We all need to remember that we’re our own worst critics.
We judge ourselves far more harshly than we judge other people. We worry about how we appear to other people, what we sound like, whether what we say makes any sense…
So, why haven’t you used Facebook Live yet?
Bet you’re using at least three of these bogus reasons:
- I don’t have anything to say – Everyone has a unique voice, their own experiences and wisdom. We all know something someone else doesn’t.
- I won’t be able to get things across – With a little practise and some confidence, you will. Having an outline of what you want to say in your head is a massive help.
- I’ll look like an idiot! – No, you won’t! You’ll look like someone a client can relate to on Facebook.
- Videos need to be slick and staged to sell – don’t they? – No, they don’t! Facebook Live’s videos are the opposite of that to help you connect with your customers, rather than talk AT them. They also allow you to see reactions and comments in real time. You can say hello to your clients as they view.
- People will leave me sarcastic comments – You’ll be surprised at how positive and supportive most people are. The odd person who isn’t? Don’t fret – they’re not who you’re trying to reach. Comments like that also say far more about the person who leaves them than the person who made the video.
- My customers aren’t on Facebook – Almost EVERYONE is on Facebook, even if they are also on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter. Most people have a personal account. It is the big beast of the social media works with billions of active users.
My business is boring – But you’re NOT! Connecting with you helps people get along the axis of know, like, and trust, and that gets you closer to a sale. Every business also has something interesting about it. Whether it’s the way things are made, the thought processes behind it, or the story of how it was established. There’s a story in every business. You need to find it and highlight that in the live video.
The truth is we all need to get over ourselves and JUST DO IT. Facebook Live provides a massive connection with your potential clients and helps you builds your tribe.
It’s too big to ignore because…
- There were 2.2 billion active monthly users of Facebook in the first quarter of 2018
- 1.45 billion people log onto Facebook every day
- 66% of men and 76% of women are on Facebook
- Engagement is highest on Thursdays and Fridays
- More than 500,000 comments are posted every minute
- 4.75 billion pieces of content are shared every day
Still worried? Book onto one of my Facebook Live courses where you’ll get the confidence and skills to use live video. Give us a call on 029 21 303 541 to find out about dates.